Grace Institute of New York is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute and how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role.
Position : Talent Specialist
Location: Remote to start and then in our NYC offices at 40 Rector Street
Reports To: Director of Talent Development & Corporate Partnerships
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated, mission-driven individual to join our team. Talent Services is dynamic, fast-paced and customer-service oriented. Our specialty is placing women from underrepresented communities into entry-level administrative, clerical, office support, and customer roles. You will support our graduates to get hired into jobs, and secure employer partners to hire our grads. To do this, you will build an understanding of our graduates’ strengths and potential, direct and motivate them towards roles that would be a good fit. You will research the job market, prospect for organizations hiring entry-level administrative roles and service existing employer clients.
The Talent Specialist is responsible for meeting and exceeding monthly goals for career consulting , job orders and job placements. Comfort working in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment is essential.
What you’ll do:
- Develop employer partnerships and job opportunities that are a fit for our talent.
- Research job data, hiring trends and Salesforce data to become an expert in your niche of the job market.
- Host weekly group meetings, draft emails and plan hiring events to market jobs to alumnae and generate visibility to employers and opportunities.
- Provide excellent customer service to grow employer accounts and ensure their experience of hiring our grads is seamless.
- Build with graduates to assess their strengths and skills, coach them to prep for interviews and align their job search with their career goals.
- Create and maintain accurate talent profiles and job information in our database in order to source the right candidates for job opportunities.
- Conduct phone, email or outreach on social media to brief alumnae on jobs and motivate them to apply for positions that would be a fit for their skills and strengths.
- Design and facilitate career coaching training sessions to advise in-program participants and alumnae on job opportunities through Grace Institute, job search strategies and how they can successfully land a job.
- Source, pre-screen and recommend candidates, arrange interviews so the experience of working with us is effortless for employer partners.
- Support alumnae through each step of the application and hiring processes so they have the greatest likelihood to succeed and so we can respond to issues.
- Generate and deliver feedback for both candidates and employers to continuously improve our talent’s performance and quality of services with employers.
- Assess where individuals may need additional support and recommend them to our team of social workers for appropriate intervention.
- Represent Grace in professional workforce and talent communities to increase Grace’s visibility
- Prepare weekly check-in reports of priorities; prepare and contribute insights to weekly team meetings and 1-1 meetings with managers to track performance and opportunities for enhancing our work as a team.
- Meet and exceed monthly job development and placement goals
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles against racism and combating gender inequality.
- Attend staff training and meetings as required; perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to us:
- Prior recruitment, talent acquisition / development or workforce development experience
- Prior job development and/or job placement experience
- Prior work in education, training or personal development
- Career/job coaching or counseling experience
- Partnership development and/or account management
- Public speaking / facilitation / training
- Work with underrepresented, underemployed, low-income or developmental disabilities
- Prior work in or with non-profit organizations
- Knowledge of job / labor market trends
- Knowledge in Salesforce or CRM systems
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, Google Suite, LinkedIn, internet research and social media
- Able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information
- Schedule flexibility – may be required to work at one to two nights a week for evening classes or events
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree with relevant experience (required)
- You are tech savvy and learn new tools quickly.
- You thrive in a fast paced, goal driven environment and remote working environment.
- You are self-directed, detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You work effectively with an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse participant population with a strong interest in social justice.
- You demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, focusing on strengths, abilities and potential, rather than problems, vulnerabilities and deficits, of individuals, their families and their communities.
- FULLY REMOTE TO START (return to the offices at 40 Rector St in FiDi planned for Summer 2021)
- $600 annual professional development stipend
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- 401k plan
- 20 days vacation; 8 sick days; 2 personal days, 3 floating holidays
- Summer Fridays in August
- Gorgeous office downtown in Manhattan
About the Talent Services team:
The Talent Services team leverages technology and relationships to keep our finger on the pulse of the job market and serve as the experts on all things jobs and hiring within Grace Institute. Collectively, we work to ensure that 75% of our graduates enter into jobs after graduation.
You would be working alongside two other Talent Specialists, an Alumnae Engagement Coordinator and in partnership with the Director of Talent Services. We are a team who prioritizes collaboration, communication, creative and strategic thinking and professional growth.
Click here to apply.