POSITION: Employment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Employment Services
The Employment Specialist cultivates and maintains employer partnerships that have a hiring need for Administrative support in various sectors. The Specialist will also focus on working closely with the graduates as the liaison between employer partners and job candidates. Provides job search and employment services to graduates so that they can secure full time employment opportunities. Collectively with the Sr. Director of Employment Services he/she will conduct research and outreach to potential employer partners in the field to engage them to play a pivotal role in the training criteria and skills outcome, as well as access to candidate pool. In addition, build partnership to offer the current participant internship opportunities as part of their training experience in the program. The Specialist is expected to be an industry expert through the use of labor market data and employer engagement. Comfort working in a goal driven environment is essential.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Employment Services on cultivating and maintaining employer partnership.
- Gather relevant information regarding appropriate industries and target companies.
- Create, lead, and implement outreach and marketing efforts to increase employer partners and develop job and internship opportunities.
- Maintain an active list of ongoing employers and job opportunities
- Assist Sr. Director in securing internship worksites for the participants to engage during their enrollment in the program.
- Represent Grace in the workforce development arena to increase Grace’s visibility in NYC and the community.
Job Assessment and Placement
- Meet and exceed monthly placement goals
- Coordinate job placement process with employer partners, including job requirements, application process, interview and follow up.
- Coordinate onsite recruitment and hiring events
- Identify, match and refer candidates to various administrative job opportunities in various fields.
- Meet and exceed monthly placement goals.
- Attain placement markers through partnership with employers and individual placement work with graduates.
- Maintain ongoing contact with graduates for up to one year or until placement is achieved.
- Coordinate onsite and offsite recruitment events.
- Complete participants electronic profile
- Utilize department data to stay abreast of individual and department performance and modify performance as required.
- Keeps abreast of labor market trends, growing industries, and skills required
- Participate in Grace recruitment and open-house events
- Coordinate with the Education and Training department regarding participant resume development
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on strengths, abilities and potential, rather than problems, vulnerabilities and deficits, of individuals, their families and their communities.
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles against racism and combating gender inequality.
- Attends staff training and meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA in relevant field; MA a plus
- Prior workforce development and job placement experience; preferably sector focused
- Knowledge of the labor market trends
- Strong critical thinking, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable in a goal driven environment
- Creative and innovative approach
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse participant population with a strong interest in social justice.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or CRM system.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, internet navigation and social media
- Able to work in fast environment
- Able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information
- Schedule flexibility – required to work at least one to two nights a week when evening classes are in session.
Grace Institute is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and anti-racism. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. To apply, please send a resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org , along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute AND how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role.
POSITION: Development Operations Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
The Development Operations Coordinator will oversee our database, website and electronic communications to assist all fundraising efforts for Grace Institute and Grace Outreach, specifically, but not limited to, special events, annual giving, corporate engagement and institutional giving. S/he is responsible for providing database, website and administrative support to Grace Institute and Grace Outreach, two sister organizations, as well as to the Executive Director.
- Assist development department to manage database to maintain meticulous donor records in Salesforce and generate accurate reports from Salesforce; process all contributions and work closely with the finance department to reconcile income reports and receivables.
- Manage donor recognition process, create and send acknowledgement letters, emails, and phone calls as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for all departmental mailings; maintain accurate donor records and mailing lists; run mail merges, coordinate with printers and ensure that deadlines are being met.
- Coordinate all e-blasts for donors and volunteers through Constant Contact
- Oversee digital advertising for organization; primarily Google Adwords
- Oversee and maintain WordPress website for entire organization
- Assist with research and prospecting for individual/major donors and foundation support.
- Assist with grant writing and grant application
- Assist with corporate engagement and volunteer events; liaison with volunteers and assist with day of event needs.
- Assist with fundraising events including mailing of invitations, maintain guest lists, event support, etc.
Executive Director Support
- Assist Executive Director and Director of Development with board communication; attend board meetings and produce meeting minutes.Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering terms of employment and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Organize materials and/or scheduling for meetings with key stakeholders such as board members, donors, and partners.
- Support Executive Director with special projects on an as needed basis.
- Work may involve contact with or handling sensitive and confidential issues related to donors, staff, board members and finances. Discretion is required at all times.
- Attend staff trainings and meetings as required
- Support other administrative staff as required
- Provide Development Director with regular progress reports and updates on all projects
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Consistently exhibit Grace Institute’s core values, including a high degree of professionalism and integrity on the job.
- Demonstrate an understanding of life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on strengths, abilities and potential rather than problems, vulnerabilities and deficits, of individuals, their families and communities.
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles again racism and combating gender inequality
- Salesforce experience or relevant database management required
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail is required
- Experience with WordPress preferred
- Experience with email system like Constant Contact or Mail Chimp preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years of nonprofit work experience
- Must be able to work independently and be self-directed, while also being able to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to problem solve a must
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse participant populations with a strong interest in social justice
To apply, please send a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com, along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute and Grace Outreach along with how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role. Please include the acronym “GIDO” in your subject heading.