POSITION: Employment Specialist
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Employment Services
The Employment Specialist cultivates and maintains employer partnerships that have a hiring need for Administrative support in various sectors. The Specialist will also focus on working closely with the graduates as the liaison between employer partners and job candidates. Provides job search and employment services to graduates so that they can secure full time employment opportunities. Collectively with the Sr. Director of Employment Services he/she will conduct research and outreach to potential employer partners in the field to engage them to play a pivotal role in the training criteria and skills outcome, as well as access to candidate pool. In addition, build partnership to offer the current participant internship opportunities as part of their training experience in the program. The Specialist is expected to be an industry expert through the use of labor market data and employer engagement. Comfort working in a goal driven environment is essential.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director of Employment Services on cultivating and maintaining employer partnership.
- Gather relevant information regarding appropriate industries and target companies.
- Create, lead, and implement outreach and marketing efforts to increase employer partners and develop job and internship opportunities.
- Maintain an active list of ongoing employers and job opportunities
- Assist Sr. Director in securing internship worksites for the participants to engage during their enrollment in the program.
- Represent Grace in the workforce development arena to increase Grace’s visibility in NYC and the community.
Job Assessment and Placement
- Meet and exceed monthly placement goals
- Coordinate job placement process with employer partners, including job requirements, application process, interview and follow up.
- Coordinate onsite recruitment and hiring events
- Identify, match and refer candidates to various administrative job opportunities in various fields.
- Meet and exceed monthly placement goals.
- Attain placement markers through partnership with employers and individual placement work with graduates.
- Maintain ongoing contact with graduates for up to one year or until placement is achieved.
- Coordinate onsite and offsite recruitment events.
- Complete participants electronic profile
- Utilize department data to stay abreast of individual and department performance and modify performance as required.
- Keeps abreast of labor market trends, growing industries, and skills required
- Participate in Grace recruitment and open-house events
- Coordinate with the Education and Training department regarding participant resume development
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning and using a strengths-based approach, which focuses on strengths, abilities and potential, rather than problems, vulnerabilities and deficits, of individuals, their families and their communities.
- Help create and maintain a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and learning environment, and commit to principles against racism and combating gender inequality.
- Attends staff training and meetings as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BA in relevant field; MA a plus
- Prior workforce development and job placement experience; preferably sector focused
- Knowledge of the labor market trends
- Strong critical thinking, communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be comfortable in a goal driven environment
- Creative and innovative approach
- Have a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Ability to work effectively with an ethnic, cultural and socially diverse participant population with a strong interest in social justice.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or CRM system.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office, internet navigation and social media
- Able to work in fast environment
- Able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information
- Schedule flexibility – required to work at least one to two nights a week when evening classes are in session.
Grace Institute is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity, inclusion and anti-racism. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. To apply, please send a resume to
email@example.com , along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute AND how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role.