POSITION: Part-Time Social Work Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Participant Engagment Services
The part-time Social Work supervisor for the participant engagement department is responsible for providing individual and group supervision to MSW students to both GI and GO organizations, the PE team, and non-clinical first responders. S/He will provide clinical guidance and case management monthly reviews for MSW students and the PAD team. S/He will be responsible for providing training and guidance to staff around supportive counseling, coaching, and life management skills to Grace Participants, women age 18-64 so that they are able to meet educational/training and employment goals. S/he will work to provide clinical team meetings, and supervision on group work dynamics. S/He will support PE staff and MSW Interns on coaching participants on career-development and job-readiness skills and follow them throughout the Grace program. The part-time Social Work supervisor should be aware of the systemic social/emotional and economic challenges at-risk adults face and be passionate and committed to empowering women. S/He will work 24 hours a week.
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
● Provide individual and group supervision to MSW interns, the PAD team and non-clinical first responders at Grace Institute and Grace Outreach.
● Orient and implements agency policy and procedures.
● Conduct training and guidance to staff around Social work case management and treatment.
● Holds supportive and/ or crisis-counseling supervision individual and group sessions with MSW Interns, PAD Staff, and non-clinical first responders. Support PAD Team and Interns on developing individualized action plans suited to their educational/training and employment needs. Support PAD Team and MSW Interns in research and accessing government or community support to address needs.
● Manages intake log and staff productivity.
● Reviews progress notes and treatment plans and provide guidance on creating positive outcomes and goal attainment.
● Collaborates with the Admissions and Recruitment Department by conducting admissions intake assessment for participant applicants.
● Collaborates with the Education and Training Department by attending Quality Assurance Meetings, Case Conferences and managing referrals.
● Provide guidance to PAD Team and MSW Interns on developing and leading workshops and support groups for both participants and alumnae dealing with topics such as professional development, micro-aggressions, racialized trauma, time-management, conflict resolution, budgeting, self-esteem building, self-evaluation, self-care, and stress management.
- Collaborates with the Employment Services Department by referring when necessary for part-time employment or resources pertaining to employment.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Consistently exhibits Grace’s Core Values during the performance of the job.
- Attends staff training and meetings as required.
- Adheres to documentation policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree, with licensure, in Social Work or related field.
- Has a Seminar In-Field Instruction (SIFI).
- Has a social justice lens/ cultural competence and awareness.
- Has Knowledge and understanding of strength-based approaches.
- Has a commitment to lifelong learning.
- Understands and has experience working with NYC agencies such as HRA and unemployment benefits and has knowledge of city-sponsored benefits and entitlements.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills.
- Has experience facilitating support groups.
- Exhibits the capacity to think and act strategically to help women succeed.
- Displays capacity for critical thinking, creative problem-solving, and conflict resolution.
- Has strong time and project management ability.
- Able to maintain discretion regarding sensitive issues and confidential information.
- Has the ability to use an online database as well as standard computer programs.
- Displays an ability to develop and maintain accurate case notes, reports, and other organizational records.
- Has knowledge of city, state and federal social resources and case-management skills and processes.
Grace Institute is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principle of diversity. We are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including but not limited to women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. To apply, please send a resume to email@example.com , along with a cover letter that concisely and clearly addresses why you would like to join Grace Institute AND how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this role. Please include the title “Part-time Social Work Supervisor” in your subject heading.