WHAT WE DO
Grace Institute’s six month program provides women, ages 18-65 with the skills and training that they need to compete in the job market.
In order to prepare our students for employment, the following courses are offered:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Access).
- Quick Books software and basic accounting techniques.
- Keyboarding and data entry for speed and accuracy.
- Business writing with a focus on grammar, punctuation, email etiquette, proofreading skills, and producing business documents.
- Career Development, which teaches interview and job readiness skills as well as soft skills such as customer service, communication strategies, conflict resolution and critical thinking.
We offer corporate workshops and events for our students that include site visits, mock interview preparation, speakers, and more.
What makes us different and effective is our program model. We combine the hard and soft skills that our employers demand with support services around issues related to travel, housing, benefits and mental health.
Graduates receive job placement services for at least one year after graduation, during which they are offered an array of services including in-house job fairs, career planning, coaching, social networking training and access to our computer lab.
Grace Institute’s Employer Advisory Board (EAB) is one of the most active workforce employer boards, ensuring that Grace stays nimble in a constantly changing job market. The EAB is made up of over 30 members representing companies such as Bloomberg Business Week, Oppenheimer Funds, The Waldorf Astoria, Fried Frank, the Rockefeller Foundation, Goodwin Proctor and WABC-TV.
If you are an employer who is interested in hiring our students, please contact Jolene Handy at email@example.com
Grace Institute has a strong alumna network and offers opportunities for advanced learning including workshops and networking events.