The Employment Services team is committed to proving support to current participants and Grace Graduates for up to one year of program completion, to prepare and assist them in developing and maintaining the skills required in today’s competitive job market. We offer a variety of resources, including employer access through our Monday Morning Meeting and hiring events. During these meetings the job seekers are joined by guest employers, HR professionals, and industry experts who conduct onsite and offsite employment and informational interviews. While employment cannot be guaranteed, and will ultimately be driven by the motivation of the graduate, it offers them the opportunity to connect with employers. In addition, the Employment Services team diligently works on developing job opportunities based on the candidate’s skills, experience, qualification and interest.
Once you graduate from Grace Institute you become part of the extensive Grace network. We continue to support our graduates through career advisement sessions and continuous learning opportunities. Our job is not done when you land a job, we want to support your career success. We provide follow up service up to one year of program completion and one year upon successfully securing employment.
The Alumnae Department is committed to
- strengthening relationship among alumnae group
- Supporting the alum in job retention and career advancement through accessible and inclusive program and services
We currently offer the following FREE services to Grace Institute Alumnae:
- One-on-one career counseling
- Monday Morning Meetings
- Monthly professional development workshops (Advanced Excel, Outlook, Resume Review, Financial Literacy, Networking and more)
- Wellness Days- Zumba, yoga, meditation, makeovers and more.
- Support groups and networking events
- Dress for Success services
- Hair cut referrals (only once)
- Alumnae exclusive Facebook page, visit Grace Institute Alumnae Association
- Includes: internships, job fairs, job trends, photos, success stories, information on future programs and more.
Alumnae Social Event:
- Annual Alumnae Breakfast
Benefits to Alumnae:
- Follow up from Staff for up to two years (1 year employment services, 1 year job retention)
- Carfare for Job Search on a as needed basis
- Full-time employment milestone incentives ($25 each milestone, 3 mths, 6 mths, 1 yr)
- Free advanced computer workshops
- Develop and advance professionally
- Supportive network of women
- Opportunity to give back and mentor others
Team Contact Information – 212-832-7605
- Kathleen Vaughan – Director of Career Service – Ext 1617
- Reed Tunison – Employment Specialist – Ext 1637
- Peter Cooper – Employment Specialist – Ext 1641
- Dara Washington – Recruitment Coordinator – Ext 1671