Register now for our next evening PSR Program Cycle !!!
Click the green button above to register today!
Grace Institute serves over 400 women annually through two programs:
- Professional Administrative Program. A 5-month day program that runs Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. Our next cycle begins in September 2017.
- Health Sector Program (PSR). An 8-week evening program that runs from 6pm-9pm on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. Our next cycle begins June 26th, 2017.
Grace Institute is proud of its diverse student body. We train women ages 18-64 who live in the New York metropolitan area. We are an HRA-approved program and provide technical and soft skills training as well as social service support with challenges that may arise outside the classroom.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or TASC
- Speak and write English fluently
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Be able and willing to attend our program full time
- Be ready to make an important commitment to building their future
There are four easy steps in our admissions process:
- Open House: You are invited to attend an information session about our program and join a guided tour of our classrooms and administrative offices. Just click one of the green “REGISTER NOW FOR OPEN HOUSE” buttons at the top or bottom of this page.
- Program Application: Program applications are distributed at Open Houses, are completely confidential, and are designed to give us information about the suitability of the program for you.
- Entrance Exam and Assessments: All program candidates are asked to take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE). Find out more about the test and practice with sample questions here and here. We strongly encourage you to study and practice in advance of sitting for the exam.
We also administer assessments in:
- E-mail Writing
- Office Technology and Typing
- Admissions Interview: If you pass the TABE and meet other eligibility requirements, we’d like to talk to you one-on-one. We’ll schedule one or two interviews with you and ask about your education, life experience and plans for the future. There are no right answers – just be honest and be yourself!
Required Admissions Documents:
- Recommendation letter from someone who has worked with you in a professional (paid or unpaid), training, or academic setting
- Copy of high school diploma, GED or TASC
We currently do not accept candidates with Masters’ degrees. If you have any questions regarding the admissions process, please contact the Admissions Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212-832-7605.