Grace Institute’s educational program helps women develop and learn the professional skills employers have identified as being needed by today’s administrative and customer service professionals. All of Grace Institute’s curricula is employer-driven and interactive.
Our training specialists design and implement learning activities with a solid foundation built on key adult-learning principles and practices. We embrace a facilitative, strengths-based, anti-racist learning model:
- Work to insure that all participants’ voices are heard in the learning rooms and that we consistently engage in activities that encourage mutual accountability
- Analyze the effectiveness of classroom curriculum though ongoing skills assessments. We are responsive to participants’ learning needs.
We offer two programs, both of which offer office technology skills that cover the full range of computer competencies, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; social media, cloud computing, and automation, plus typing for speed and accuracy.
Patient Service Representative (PSR)
- Type of Program: Sector-focused, Healthcare
- Length: 8 weeks
- Days: Monday – Thursday
- Hours: 4pm – 9pm (note: 4pm – 6pm lab hours)
PSR program teachers:
- A range of soft and hard skills including working with electronic health records, scheduling patients, understanding medical terminology, taking messages, and employing a basic knowledge of Epic
- Sensitivity to the patient perspective
- Working as a part of a medical care team; a clear understanding of the responsibilities, expectations, and challenges of the PSR role.
Administrative Professionals (AP):
- Type of Program: Function-focused, Administrative Professionals
- Length: 12 weeks
- Days: Monday – Friday
- Program Hours: 9am – 4pm (includes lab hours)
AP program skills include:
- Administration: Calendaring and scheduling, budgeting and expense reports, time and project management, etc.
- Communication: Verbal, non-verbal and written, including cover letters and resumes
- Professional Skills: Getting the job and keeping it
Our Graduates Receive:
- One year of job placement support
- One year of job retention support
- Lifetime access to post-graduate workshops and skill building opportunities
- Alumna support groups and networking opportunities